The club has produced a number of booklets and other information packs about local natural history. Many of these are available at the general meetings, and from the Market Building. Some are available to download here.
- Plants of the Castlemaine District colour brochure – available from the Market Building (Castlemaine Info Centre). This website also has a comprehensive guide to local flora.
- Central Victorian Grasses (CD) – available at general meetings, from the Market Building and from Connecting Country
- Rushes of the Castlemaine District – click here to download fold-out brochure (2015)
- A Walk On the Kalimna Circuit Track – click here to download fold-out brochure (2013)
- A Walk to the Botanic Gardens via Kalimna Reserve – click here to download fold-out brochure (2013)
- Significant Trees in the Castlemaine Botanic Gardens – click here to download fold-out brochure (2013)
- Kalimna Park Indigenous Plant List – click here to download fold-out brochure (2013)
- A Walk In Dead Horse Gully, Norwood Hill – click here to download fold-out brochure (2021)
- Rare, threatened and endangered plants of the Castlemaine district – click here to download (2021)
- The Friends of Box-Ironbark Forests (FOBIF – https://www.fobif.org.au/) in association with Castlemaine Field Naturalists Club and Connecting Country, have published three informative short books: Eucalypts of the Mount Alexander Region and Wattles of the Mount Alexander Region by Bernard Slattery, Bronwyn Silver and Ern Perkins;
Mosses of Dry Forests in South Eastern Australia by Cassia Read and Bernard Slattery.