Meet at the car park opposite the Castle Motel, Duke Street at 1.30pm sharp or at the Tullaroop Reservoir picnic ground at the dam wall at 2pm.
Watch out for raptors as you drive across the Moolort Plains to the reservoir!
After gathering at the picnic ground, we will take a short drive to where we will park and then walk along the shore of the lake and in nearby bushland. Afterwards we will drive back to the picnic ground for afternoon tea. There is a toilet block at the picnic ground.
Bring binoculars, sunhat, block-out, hand sanitiser, water and snacks and wear stout walking shoes.
To comply with Government COVID-safe requirements:
- Register with your name and phone number on the sheet provided at the meeting point
- Wear a face-mask if you car-pool
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 m
- Carry a face-mask at all times for when you can’t distance safely
- Do not share food or drink with others
- Maintain good hand hygiene with soap and water or sanitiser
- DO NOT attend if you are feeling unwell or have the slightest symptoms of respiratory illness
The Field Trip is likely to be cancelled in extreme weather conditions.
There are NO excursions on total fire ban days.